Fix Mac Unexpected Error Code 8076
This Mac Unexpected Error Code 8076 generates when there is an unexpected permission conflict between what the user might have altered or is trying to alter and the system define rights. This is something very common to occur when you are trying to access some parts of your hard drive that has restricted permissions to do so. This is sometimes to protect the copyright of the softwares installed or to prevent the user to make some big alteration so as to be unable to use the system himself. The message you will get when this error occurred is as follows –
“The operation can’t be completed. An unexpected error occurred (error code -8076).”
Although there are some manual steps but you could look to resolve it by using MacKeeper.
- The system will get terminated automatically after few minutes of working.
- Slow & sluggish behavior of Mac system
- The stored Mac file gets corrupted or damaged without any warning
- Installed programs gets crashed or freezes frequently
- The emergence of annoying error messages like “unable to find .dmg file”
- “File not Found” & “Access Denied”
- Start up in Recovery mode. When the OS X Utilities screen appears,
- Select Utilities > Terminal from the menu bar.
- A Terminal window will open. In that window, type this:
- Press the tab key. The partial command you typed will automatically be completed to this:
- Press return. A Reset Password window will open. You’re not going to reset a password.
- Select your startup volume (“Macintosh HD,” unless you gave it a different name) if not already selected.
- Select your username from the menu labeled Select the user account if not already selected.
- Under Reset Home Directory Permissions and ACLs, click the Reset button.
- Select Restart from the menu bar.
- Search and Launch “Disk Utility”
- Click on “Check File System “option
- Wait till the scanning process gets over
- Select the file that you want to mount it
If your problem is not yet resolved then it is advised to use MacKeeper. This is an all-in-one tool for your entire Mac OS based problem. It helps you to repair corruption due to viruses and scans your system for all troubles generated by system files and permission denials.