[Fixed] iTunes library file cannot be saved error 13005
It is not doubt that iTunes has brought a significant revolution in the data management system in iOS devices. You can transfer, recover, play music, create playlist of your own etc on this wonderful application. But sometimes when you backup some files or data on this and try to restore it on your iOS device or on computer then it gives you “iTunes library file cannot be saved error 13005”. This happening is common in the device but it may create a hazardous situation for your device or even for the iTunes itself. So to get rid of this issue you should go through some manual methods or you can also use MacKeeper tool to fix this issue automatically.
What are the cause of “iTunes library file cannot be saved error 13005” –
- If computer denies to process the files that needs to restore the data or file.
- If there is any problem in the iTunes settings.
To fix this particular issue manually you should go through the following steps –
- First of all download and install the latest version of the iTunes application.
- On your computer, allow iTunes on your firewall settings.
- Connect the iOS device with the computer and launch the iTunes.
- Open the play list and try to restore again by clicking on the restore button.
- It will restore the entire files again.
This manual method will work to save the backup files again and “iTunes library file cannot be saved error 13005” will not prompt now. But in case, if this method doesn’t work then you must download MacKeeper tool to fix this issue automatically.
MacKeeper tool will resolve the iTunes issue very easily and automatically. It is also responsible for the backup, recover and transfer of the files among the iOS devices and computers. This tool is compatible with almost every device.