[Fixed] Time machine error code 22 in Mac
Time machine is a backup application for Mac OS X. This application works with storage products like time capsule or disk drives. Time machine allows you to restore any particular file or the whole system as per your requirements. But it is to be noted that it is simply backup software not a storage utility. But sometimes unexpectedly it does not allow the system to create a backup and displays Time machine error code 22 in Mac. Time machine backup error 22 in Mac also appears when you try to update your time capsule to newer version from old one. This is a very common error so never be worry about. This error prompts significantly like this one –
“Operation can’t be completed. Unexpected error (code – 22)”
When you try to enter time machine you will get Time machine error code 22 in Mac. Another symptom for this error is that time machine doesn’t create any backup and you will be unable to restore when you go for an update. Sometimes you will be unable to access your file through time machine.
Time machine backup error 22 in Mac could be caused due to the following reason:
• When you go for uninstalling any program and it doesn’t uninstall completely then you will get this error.
• Sometimes incomplete installing of new programs or software also causes error code 22.
• Unintentionally deletion of some important file that is necessary for the functioning of your time machine is also a reason behind Time machine error code 22 in Mac.
• Virus attack.
• If there is a corruption in registry entry.
• Incompatible software.
• Hardware problem due to sudden power surge.
Here it is given a simple manual method. Using this method you will be able to resolve Time machine error code 22 in Mac and access your files on Mac:
1. First of all attach an USB disk to your time machine.
2. In my MacBook open airport utility.
3. Now go to time capsule and right click. Then you click on manual step> disk and then you select your time capsule disk and then click on archive.
4. Now select your USB disk and start the archive. The light on the time capsule will turn orange.
5. You have to wait for a long time until the orange light turns into green.
6. Now remove the USB drive from time capsule and attach it to the MacBook.
7. Now open your USB drive and double click the file that contains “.sparsebundle”
8. Now in the time machine backups you will be able to see all your backups and you can now restore it very easily.
This is a very easy manual method and will help you to resolve the issue regarding Time machine error code 22 in Mac and also help you to create your system file backup. But if you are still unable to do this after applying this method then you should try the most recommended tool that is “MacKeeper”
“MacKeeper” tool will resolve this particular issue automatically and it can also enhance the productivity of the Mac OS X. You will be able to sort out every time machine back up error as “MacKeeper” tool is specially designed to resolve this type of problem efficiently.