How to Deal with Mac OS X Error Code 8058
Mac OS is a UNIX based graphical interface based operating system developed and marketed by Apple Inc. designed to run on Macintosh system. It is designed to run on 64-bit core processors.
When working with the Finder App you must have come across this trouble Error Code 8058 while file transfer, sharing, copying and uploading. It could occur even when you try to use file on an external hard drive. It is a basic problem that occurs due to the system files not being able to recognize the location of the source file and destination file.
“The Operation Cannot be Completed because an Unexpected Error Occurred (Error Code – 8058)”.
• Unable to access file, folder when stored in an external drive.
• Corruption of file is the main concern when you get this error.
• Compressing the file will not be helpful.
• Copy, Paste options could not be used.
• File transfer screen might freeze.
There is no probable cause as to why this occurs but one hypothetical theory is that it could be a virus or a programming bug. So, better keep upgrading your anti-virus and Mac OS X. Apple Inc. provides with updates for errors do try to find it that might help.
Try changing the file’s format. If it doesn’t work then proceed as follows.
1. Go to Finder.
2. Then hold the Option Key on the keyboard.
3. Here click on Go.
4. Select Library.
5. Go to folder Preferences.
6. Now select file com.apple.finder.plist.
7. Move this file to Trash.
8. Logout and then Login your Mac OS X.
9. You are done. If still getting error message then please try MacKeeper recommended by most Mac OS users.
You might think the above steps easy enough for you to handle alone – Mac OS X Error Code 8058. Remember it’s not Windows but a Mac OS X it could become a costly affair if not done properly. Be confident enough before you proceed.
For all your Mac troubles, especially Mac OS X Error Code 8058, you could try using MacKeeper for it; most Mac devices have synchronization errors, HFS partition errors. MacKeeper helps you with it. Not only it helps you with viruses, spyware, malware scanning there detection and removal but also works as a data controller and optimizer of your system.