How to fix Mavericks install error 1004 in Mac
Mavericks install error 1004 in Mac can be fixed using various ways, but the point of importance is that what are the ways of troubleshooting the Mavericks install error 1004 which are safe. The error in question basically takes place due to the fact that you tried to upgrade your Mac from 10.8.5 to Maverick on Your MacBook Pro, or attempted for anything like that, and that did not quite worked and resulted in the error code 1004. And, now you are pushed into asking – how to fix Mavericks install error 1004 in Mac, how to troubleshoot Mavericks install error 1004 in Mac, how to treat Mavericks install error 1004 in Mac, how to resolve Mavericks install error 1004 in Mac, etc.
Talking about the symptoms of the error code 1004 – an error code just pops up on your MacBook Pro screen, and which may resemble the following –
“Error 1004, please try again later.”
As you can see, the error message cannot be used as potential information to get some useful idea out of it to be used against the error code in question, and thus error message proves to be meaningless as far as the answers of the following questions are concerned – how to fix Mavericks install error 1004 in Mac, how to troubleshoot Mavericks install error 1004 in Mac, how to treat Mavericks install error 1004 in Mac, or how to resolve Mavericks install error 1004 in Mac, for that matter.
But there must be a way out, right? Well, there is! There are manual ways, and get this – automated ways too! The best way to deal with Mavericks install error 1004 in Mac is the automated way, speaking of which indicates that MacKeeper is hell of a ready-made automatic tool to be used against the installer error 1004. Top experts suggest that if anything can beat MacKeeper, then that thing would be MacKeeper itself. So, if you already have the tool, just launch the tool for a thorough scan, and you have done your bit. However, if you do not have the tool, you can download the tool by clicking on either of the two download buttons given on this page.
However, some users out there prefer to go with the manual ways, and try their hand at troubleshooting the issue, so we are going to enlist the manual steps, but these are steps should be exercised by users who have prior experience of doing so, as a single mistake in the execution of these steps can aggravate the problem beyond repair, and your question may never be answered for you, like – how to fix Mavericks install error 1004c in Mac, how to troubleshoot Mavericks install error 1004 in Mac, how to treat Mavericks install error 1004 in Mac, how to resolve Mavericks install error 1004 in Mac.
Follow these manual steps to resolve the error code 1004:
• Experts say – Yosemite changes a lot of system files, so do a backup, reformat the hard drive, do a fresh install off the partition, and eventually use Time Machine to reload everything.
• You have got to launch the App Store app.
• While it’s running, edit /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist
• Then, change the version numbers to 10.8 for both and save.
• After that, switch back to App Store, click on the big Mavericks Banner and it should say “Free Upgrade” rather than “Install”. Click on it and it’ll ask for your Apple ID and associate it to your account. Now it should show up in your Purchase History, etc.
• Now you’ve “bought” it, you can change your version numbers back to 10.9. Quit and relaunch App Store.
• You have to make sure that you launch the App Store first, because if you change your version number first, it will simply refuse to launch.