[Fixed] MacBook Pro Won’t Boot After Software Update
If you are a user of MacBook Pro then you might be aware that it is very portable and advanced Mac Product. Sometimes when you try to install any update on your MacBook Pro using Apple app store then it stops in the middle and gives you a very critical error problem i.e. “MacBook pro won’t boot after software update”. You get a complete white screen with Apple logo in it. You become unable to access the MacBook Pro. Incomplete updation, registry corruption, fault in the PRAM, incomplete installation of some applications, are the main reasons if MacBook Pro is unable to boot after software update.
What are the solutions –
You should go through the following manual steps to fix the issue:
- Try to boot the MacBook Pro in safe mode. Keep in your mind that safe boot is always slower to boot.
- Find the disk utility in the MacBook Pro utility box and run it on the system.
- If the booting is getting failure then try to reset the PRAM.
- Remove the recently installed updates from the system.
- You can also reinstall the MacBook Pro completely on the system.
The above manual method is very important to deal with “MacBook pro won’t boot after software update”. This method can fix the problem completely but one thing you should keep in your mind that this is a manual method and it requires a deep technical knowledge to apply it. So you should use MacKeeper tool to fix this issue completely.
MacKeeper tool can fix the problem automatically and you will now have to make a single input manual while it is running on your system. With the help of this tool you can optimize the system performance also.