[Solved] can’t connect to iTunes store on iPad
Sometimes when you reset or restore your iPad then in the middle of the process it tries to connect with the iTunes store to run the iPad properly. But the problem comes in such a weird way that it cannot connect with the iTunes store for the updating or other process. You generally download updates from iTunes store but prompting of “can’t connect to iTunes store on iPad” makes you annoying and you look for the possible solutions for it. The error message may come to your iPad in many ways like;
“Cannot connect to the iTunes Store, An unknown error has occurred.”
“We could not complete your iTunes Store request. The iTunes Store is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.”
“iTunes could not connect to the iTunes Store. Make sure your network connection is active and try again.”
Here is a manual solution for you to get rid of the issue “can’t connect to iTunes store on iPad”:
- Use the latest version of the iTunes.
- Correct the date, time and time zone.
- If you are connected with Wi-Fi zone then make sure that you are under the range.
- Check the internet connectivity.
- Update you iOS software so that the iTunes store can work with its compatible software.
- If you are trying to open the iTunes store using a computer to connect with the iPad then make sure that computer is properly connected with internet.
With the help of the above solutions you can surely get rid of the situation of “can’t connect to iTunes store on iPad” but if you are unable to connect iTunes store on iPad again then you must use MacKeeper tool to fix this problem automatically.
MacKeeper tool will help you to get rid of this situation automatically. This tool is compatible with the any version of iOS device. With the help of this tool you can repair any short of error in iOS devices and iTunes. This tool will also optimize the performance of the device amazingly.